Redefining the way we work to better impact how we work
In 2014, I co-developed First Seating as a collaborative consulting process that leverages in-person workshops to create highly impactful support for organizations. We helped nonprofits and businesses work through strategic conversations in a creative and thoughtful setting, engaging clients in key decisions to ensure every bit of our work fits into their culture and vision.
We tackled some of the biggest challenges organizations and executive management face, including:
• Foundational: Vision, mission, new products or programs
• Progress & Planning: Strategic plans, goal setting, program design, implementation plans
• Team Culture: Values, communication, feedback & reviews, roles & responsibility, team & board building
• Social Impact: Theory of change, impact goals, impact measurement & evaluation, collective impact
• Brand & Storytelling: Brand identity & core message, marketing strategy & campaign, storytelling
Part of First Seating's unique process includes bringing delicious food into the workshop experience (often structured like a family meal with collaborative cooking exercises). This was an intentional extension of our pop-up events that we hosted before starting First Seating. Each combined some sort of community-minded activity with epic meals, and these events sparked a heightened awareness of the importance of beauty and thoughtfulness. First Seating was our desire to extend those values into the workplace to create more satisfying experiences among teams. Find out more here.
First Seating was developed in partnership with Isis Krause. When we were both developing campaigns at GOOD, we realized there was a growing need to have better conversations and more structured plans if we ever hoped to create impactful programs or strategic action.
First Seating's clients have included: Omaze, LA2050, 826LA, LA Innovation Week, The Pablove Foundation, 100Kin10, LA Fund, I Am That Girl, and The Dinner Party.
Read some case studies here.